Inspired by a friend’s pulled pork dinner at their place a few weekends ago, along with seeing something on the Food Network about pulled brisket tacos, I decided to do something similar — only, with chicken. Here’s how I did it.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – washed, trimmed and dried
- 1.5 – 2 bottles of Diana sauce of your choosing (I used Chicken & Ribs); alternately, you could use your favourite barbecue sauce
- 1-2 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Set your slow cooker on low.
- Pour one full bottle of sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker and sprinkle all the seasonings over them.
- Pour half of the other bottle of sauce over the chicken, fully covering it. Reserve the other half to add more if the chicken dries out later. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 5 1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred each one with forks. Replace the chicken in the cooker and give it all a thorough mixing with a spoon to fully mix with the sauce and seasonings.
- Cook on low for another 30 minutes, covered.
- Turn off heat and keep covered while serving to keep warm.
Serve on tacos with your favourite toppings. I used shredded cheeses, lettuce, grilled bell peppers & onions, salsa and sour cream. I also warmed each flour tortilla shell on a grill pan for a minute or so. We’ve thoroughly enjoyed these!