This is a quick one! I got the idea from a recipe from a Tupperware website for their Smart Steamer, which I have written about before. I didn’t use the steamer this time. I was boiling up mini-red potatoes and decided I didn’t want to just have boiled potatoes with butter on them. Here’s what I did!
- 1 bag (1 lb?) mini red potatoes, washed, quartered and boiled
- 1/4 C balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I used Kraft)
- the juice of one lemon
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped white onion (alternately, you could chop up green onions instead or even shallots)
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing, lemon juice and mustard until well combined, then add the onion and mix again.
Add the potatoes while they are still hot/warm. Mix gently until all the potatoes are combined.
- Sprinkle with a bit of pepper and serve with your favourite main dish (such as meatloaf, pictured here).