When I made this for my hubby and I, he said, “Wow! That’s a hearty sandwich!” It was an instant hit. Feel free to use the ingredients you have on hand and enjoy, but here’s what I did:
- 1 PC Blue Menu multigrain thin bun
- 1/2 Tbsp Bullseye Guinness barbecue sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Hellman’s 1/2 fat mayo
- 2 slices PC Blue Menu provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1/2 cooked butterflied chicken breast
- 1 slice reduced sodium turkey bacon (cut into two pieces)
- 1/8 red pepper, sliced and sauteed
- 1 Tbsp red onion, sliced and sauteed
- Set your indoor grill to 360F.
- Spread mayo on top half of bun, barbecue sauce on the bottom.
- Build the sandwich in layers on the bottom bun: 1/2 slice cheese, turkey bacon, 1/2 slice cheese, chicken, 1/2 slice cheese, vegetables, 1/2 slice cheese, then the top of the bun.
- Spray the bottom and top plates of the grill with non-stick cooking spray and carefully place the sandwich in the middle.
- Carefully set the top plate on top of the sandwich. DON’T SQUISH IT! Not initially, anyway. If you force the top of the grill down too quickly, the sandwich might skew and smear half of your ingredients all over the grill, instead of keeping it between the bun lids! The grill lid will slowly weigh the sandwich down and compact it.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until the cheese is melted and holding the sandwich together.
- Remove with a spatula and serve with your favourite side dishes or a salad.
Makes: 1 sandwich
Nutritional information: 390 calories, 39g carbs, 13g fat, 33g protein, 545mg sodium, 6g sugars