Although I’ve cut right back on how many potatoes I eat these days, I still allow myself to have them from time to time — just in smaller portions. I’ve also been craving fries. So what a great way to get my potatoes and my fries craving taken care of than to roast some mini potatoes up in the oven and have them as a side dish?
Here’s what I did:
- 30-36 mini red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Mrs Dash table blend seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grind all the seasonings together with a mortar and pestle.
- Toss the potatoes with the oil and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread potatoes over a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes over at the half-way mark.
- Serve with ketchup, if so desired.
Makes: approximately 6 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 148 calories, 25g carbs, 5g fat, 3g protein, 74mg sodium, 5g sugars