I’m not a fan of really hot, spicy foods, but I do like the flavour of curry. Hubby and I like to order butter chicken and rice from a nearby Indian restaurant because they make it on the milder side. We always order lots and there’s always leftover. But sometimes after the first few days, it’s easy to get bored with it, like anything else. Sometimes, you just need to find a new presentation to make even the most favourite of take-out more interesting a few days later — especially when the naan bread really isn’t too fresh by the third day and needs a little life put back into it.
So, today for lunch, I got a brainstorm. Pizza only needs a base, a sauce and toppings, right? So naan is similar to pizza crust, butter chicken sauce is like tomato sauce, the chicken is like any meat topping — all that’s needed is some veggie component (my preference) and some cheese. Here’s what I did…
- 2 large leftover naan bread pieces
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tub leftover butter chicken – chicken separated from sauce and cut up into small, bite sized pieces
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and place the naan bread next to each other.
- Lightly spray the top of the naan bread (or brush with some olive oil), then sprinkle half of the oregano on one and half on the other.
- Split the butter chicken sauce and spread over both naan.
- Split chicken between the two naan and spread it evenly around.
- Sprinkle the green pepper over both pizzas.
- Take half of the cheese and spread this over the pizzas.
- Sprinkle the green onion over this layer of cheese.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes or until the cheese is melted and just starting to bubble.